Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.

The Bro-Magnet (Nice Guy, #1)

The Bro-Magnet (Nice Guy, #1) - Lauren Baratz-Logsted Fun. Believable. We have all known people like the protags.

Two people who saw the way their future was going and took steps to stop it. They tried to hide their "reality" but it came through for all the better.

The writing is interesting. I have not read anything else by this author so I am not sure how she writes. The inner dialogue and the spoken dialog seemed to fit the protags well. The H, a painter, not very well educated but certainly intelligent, had grammar issues and a certain inability to express himself. He did not sound like an idiot, nor was he an idiot; but the h, a DA, was well spoken whose grammar was fine. You really don't "hear" her inner dialogue since the story was told from the POV of the man, an interesting twist.

Overall, it was fun and enjoyable. I have reread it and didn't enjoy it as much the second time as I did the first, some parts of it seeming too too -- too too cute, too too precious, too too unbelievable in some parts.

But an enjoyable read if you don't look at it too too hard.