Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
The Perfect Hope - Nora Roberts Third of the series and definitely my favorite. I enjoy "difficult" heroes (at least in my reading life, not so much my real life). Nora didn't have Ryder grow/mature so much, but she allowed us to see more depth, the "real" Ryder as opposed to the shallow external views given to us by his brothers' books.

I liked MacLeod Andrews' narration. Again this was the best of the three. My issues with Mr. Andrews' narration was his issues with children's voices and the voices of older women. The children were not as omnipresent in this volume and he had smoothed out the craggy voices he used for the older women.

This is Nora in her niche, family stories centered around a well-researched theme, in this case construction/remodeling of first an inn and then it seems the whole adorable little town. Add a ghost with a little mystery, some fun writing and you have yourself some Roberts.