Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
Playing for Keeps - R.L. Mathewson I am a punctuation/spelling/grammar fan. I am not a fanatic about it, but I will say egregious missteps will take me out of a story, especially if I paid for a book. The Amazon freebies get a huge amount of leniency from me because, well, they were free and it is hard to pay for proofreaders/editors on free.

I did pay 99 cents for this book. There are numerous issues with punctuation/grammar/misspellings/homonyms. And yes, a number of them took me out of the story. But I still enjoyed it. Lots of heart, lots of humor.
Haley and Jason are neighbors as well as coworkers. They don't interact on a personal basis due to preconceptions (not necessarily incorrect preconceptions) that cause issues. Once Zoe is pushed to the max, a confrontation ensues and the HEA is put in motion.

The author is raising her prices on her books, announcing this on Facebook and in her blog, giving many valid and cogent reasons as to why she needs to raise to $2.99. She is having her older books proofed and is saying she will be spending money on the niceties of self publishing. I wish her much success. I would also like to say that when choosing between "discretely" and "discreetly" while writing a romance, go with "discreetly." The odds are that is the one you want.