Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
Another Piece of My Heart - Jane Green I won this in the Goodreads First Reads giveaways.

I have not read Ms. Green before and was excited to win this and I truly appreciate the opportunity.

Bottom line, I didn't enjoy the story. I felt I was told what was happening rather than the story unfolding and showing me what was happening.

Ms. Green employs third-person narratives as well as first person in different sections and
I found this very distracting and often confusing. A number of times I was confused in the third-person sections by the pronoun "she," not knowing if the "she" was referring to Andi, the older female protag, or her stepdaughter or even her husband's first wife. It kept me from settling into the story. The young female protagonist was in first person, fitting since she is so totally self-absorbed.

I really wanted to like this. But the story line seemed cliched and overused and the style of writing kept me from caring about any of the characters.