Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
Power Play - Deirdre Martin I so wanted to like this book. The whole time I was reading it I felt like there must be missing pages. Nope. All the numbers accounted for.
The heroine seemed nice enough, but the hero was a total jerk. Even after the heroine felt he might be a pretty good guy, I still didn't see it.
The couple went from using each other for publicity to being deeply in love. Then the hero freaks out with that whole commitment thing, says some things he shouldn't. As luck would have it, she hears freaks and dumps. Then she ones a total jerk.

After much senseless/useless groveling and sucking up by the hero, the heroine has a career meltdown, calls him and he leaves the team to comfort her. Huh? What coach would allow that. Again, she just wants a friend. Huh? If I need a friend to lean on, I don't call my friend who is the farthest away from me, especially a friend that I have ignored forever.

There were so many inconsistencies and distasteful actions between and amongst the h/h that I could find nothing redeeming.