Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter - Lisa Patton I wanted to like this book. I even thought I was coming close to liking it, but I never really got there. Lots of heavy issues were hit on, father uprooting family to allow him to be happy again; said father not really finding that happiness leaves family, but of course he leaves a note and scares loving spouse who doesn't receive the note for two days. Then there is the fact that they never discuss the issue face to face, or really at all. In fact, that happened with a number of issues/situations. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop on certain things and it never did. Situations would happen that would have ramifications and consequences in the real world but apparently not in this world.
Much more time was spent discussing how annoyingly different Vermont is than Tennessee than dealing with issues.
But for some reason I want to read the second one, hoping to see some closure So I am obviously still trying to like it.
It is a very clean book, no sex or drugs, a couple of four-letter words.