Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
Road Signs - M.J. Fredrick Really loved this book. Read it in Bluefire Reader so not really sure how long it is in a traditional sense. Seemed short. Showed 133 units, whatever that equals. Got on the treadmill and started walking and finished my walk 8 miles "away" at the same time I finished the book and realized I had no feeling in my legs.
The premise seemed weak and silly (blurbs often do), but the story flowed and it just made sense. Okay, some of it seemed a little hard to believe, but the way it was framed, it made perfect sense.
No spoilers, but I will say they didn't rush into things just for the sexing; when it came to the sexing it made sense, it was in context and the timing was right. The heroine had a little TSTL going at one place later in the book, but she acknowledged that her actions may not have been the brightest. And then that threat, when dealt with later in the book, seemed to be dealt with too qiuckly.
I will say the cover makes it look f/f, but it is not and the hero is depicted as being a manly man, much larger than the heroine so like many books, especially e-books, the cover is relatively meaningless.
Sweet little story, well paced, just good. Looking forward to reading others by Ms. Fredrick.