Paideiamom

Always Another Book in the TBR

Love to read, but I love to also just buy. Sometimes I think my hobby is buying more than reading.
My Bluegrass Baby - Molly Harper I love Molly Harper. I have read most of her stuff, both her contemporary and her vampire books.

This book seemed to be more of a love song for Kentucky encased in a low-key love story.

The protags in this book both work for the division of the Kentucky state government that promotes tourism, and this is used to share the tourist highpoints of the state.

There is lots of humor in the book, very broad humor. The love story was a bit stilted and rushed. There was no real arc of the relationship. There was a bad guy and he was apparently needed to get the two protags together in such a way as to cause friction from the beginning. But he was a weak, throw-away character.

All in all, a short pleasant read that just meanders, makes you laugh a time or two, makes you Google some locations in Kentucky to see if they are real or not. I am glad I read it, but I forgot it almost immediately.